Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM signal using Simulink

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewodul

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

For a project on my university, I'm trying to design a controller in Simulink to control the speed of a brushless motor. The controller design is not a problem, but I would really appreciate some help with the connections, as I'm a noob to this area.. I've been looking on the internet for days trying to figure everything out, but I need some guidelines I guess.

I have my brushless motor connected with a brushless motor controller. This controller is able to convert a PWM control signal to a corresponding signal for my motor. So, my problem is 1) to connect my PC to the controller and 2) use simulink to send a proper PWM signal (through the serial port?).

The controller (**broken link removed**) has a connection cable with 3 wires for the incoming PWM signal. Can anyone give me more information about this connection and how to set this up using Simulink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back