Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM generation 100Khz

Status
Not open for further replies.

saumya_85

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using a controller which can generate max 100Hz PWM Frequency. But for my application I need 10KHz frequency in PWM.

Is there hardware circuit is available which can control by this controller and able control duty cycle of pWM @10Khz.

Use 555-timer, 10kHz souldn't be a problem ..
Here is an example:
**broken link removed**

IanP
:wink:

Also UC3856 PWM controller if you need push-pull type PWM drive.
Regards, Orson Cart.

Use 555-timer, 10kHz souldn't be a problem ..
Here is an example:
**broken link removed**

IanP
:wink:

How can we control the duty cycle of 10KHz PWM.

In the above schematic that IanP has provided you can control the duty cycle using the R1 pot,
the frequency is determined with the values of R1 and C1 and the duty cycle with the position of R1.

use freq=1.44/(R1*C1) to find the values you should use or for a given resistance and frequency C1= 1.44/( R1*freq )

Alex

I need to control the duty cycle by adding a controller it. How can I varies R1 using Controller.

You can always use a timer and change manually the output state in specific values of the timer
so that you have a pwm output with the frequency that you want but you have to execute the code
that creates the PWM constantly, it will not be "automated" like the PWM module where you just set a value and let is work.

Alex

Now I am using a I2C control PWM IC - DS1050 Maxim which can interface with Micro and generates 10Khz pwm also duty cycle varies from 0% to 100%.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.