Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Put graphic on VGA display with MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

djnik1362

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i decide to design a system that have some inputs that must be
displayed graphically on a VGA display .

What device is more proper for this work ? (FPGA, MCU, DSP, ...)

I need a complete solution.

Thanks for your support.

It depends on what you need to display and with what level of graphics. An 8-bit microcontoller is sufficient to display some basic graphics. Check this **broken link removed**

components from 4d systems will helps you from a lot of work ...
regards,
**broken link removed**

It is up to waht you need.. with an FPGA you can make it for sure with a full resolution.. but it might be overkill if you use the FPGA just for the VGA controller.... It is possible that a simple microcontroller can make the job.. but you probably going to have some reduced resolution with a simple 8 bit micro. DSP would be suitable if you need some video processing.. but you probably can manage that on a FPGA too.

Thank You,

Actually, I might just order one of those MicroVGA units for the lab.

I have used the some of the examples in TinyVGA to drive a VGA display directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.