Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pushpull Inverter Simulation

sabu31

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am not able to increase the secondary voltage of the push pull inverter circuit,despite increasing the inductance. What is the reason for this.

Also can you let me know the reason for the waveform changing from square wave to quasi square wave on loading.

pushpull.png

The LTspice simulator, I know, doesn't expect an electrically isolated circuit as the one on the secondary side. To simulate a circuit as yours, I had to also add a ground node on the secondary side, directly or via a certain element likely a resistor (perhaps having a rather very high resistance to emulate isolation approximately).

Hi,

for creating a transformer with non 1:1 ratio you need to tell the winding ratio. I can´t find this information in your schematic.

Never used it before. I recommend to read the ltwiki / your simulation software documentation.

Klaus

From the literal definition of the Gate signals it is not possible at a glance to determine if there is some issue regarding timming constraints ( ramp waveform, concurrent driving, etc... ); it is advisable to plot both gate signals aswell.

Winding ratio is clearly defined by inductance values. (n1:n2:n3 = 1:1:20).
Real parameters not modeled are winding resistance, leakage inductance and core saturation.
--- Updated ---

Transistor rdson is transformed to about 10 ohm secondary, respectively output voltage drops to 50% with assumed load, probably lower due to transformer impedance. In other words, the inverter is overloaded.

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: