Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Push Pull Transformer construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshkumar143

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If anybody is having push transformer design please send me.
My mail id is rameshkumar143@gmail.com.

I have arrived 16T primary and 67 turns for secondary.
I am using secondary as center tapped.
The primary turns I have arrived can I use as half primary turns or full primary can I use?

Please let me know
Thanks in advance

Hi,
Push pull transformer is not very tough to wind, but your requirement is not clearly understood. Please spell out clearly what you want so that help can be provided to you.

Thanks.
Tahmid.

hi i am using 16T primary half winding and 67T secondary half winding. Other half windings also same. Fsw is 100khz. I m using 2525 pwm controler. Push pul config. I m using ee42 core. Epcos n87 material. Op is 100w. 170 v. Input is 54v. I m using 26 awg wire fr primary and secondary. Primary is 5 strands wire and secondary is 2 strands wire. I have considered al value of 200 nh/t2. With this transformer is getting heated very much upto 120C at ambient temperature. Can anyone please tell me how to reduce the temperature of the transformer. Kindly mail me to rameshkumar143@gmail.com

I'm not going to email you, all help is supposed to be open to read for everybody :)

If heating is a problem, then maybe you have too few number of turns. Have you measured input current while minimum load or no load at all?

Have you tried to change the pwm frequenzy? Too low freq may lead to core saturation wich in turn lead to heating of windings and core.

Or maybe the wire area is too small, so that the wire itself going hot.

Hi,
It doesn't seem to be a problem of core saturation due to too high flux density.
Check: **broken link removed**

It could be a problem of your oscillator not providing symmetrical outputs, or your transformers windings may not have been accurately wound.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.