Status
Not open for further replies.

codemaster11

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

what's the purpose of the (N2 + N3) center-tape winding in push pull Ac-Dc converter

as shown in above schematic. is it a kick start auxiliary winding? if not

how to start the smps oscillator without external power kit?

Auxiliary power supply once the push pull starts - what powers the chip to provide the gate drive at cold start is not shown / not drawn / not provided in the schematic - likely an unfinished "design" ...

that's the complete schematic of the push pull AC to DC converter taken from

powerEsim. i didn't understand the purpose of (N2 + N3) winding here in the schematic? is it the power to the

gate driver pwm block?

Using the winding only to power the feedback opto coupler doesn't make sense.

But I presume you can read schematics good enough to see that the driver power supply is not shown in the drawing. That's more a functional block diagram than a real schematic.

i see that the driver power supply is not shown here in schematic also the winding (N2 + N3) doesn't make sense.

that's why i ask the question. but unfortunately i don't have another schematic of push pull ac dc.

that's the complete schematic and know they only show a functional block rather instead of

the gate driver pwm ic. but if to power the push pull gate driver without using external power

can we use a kick start resistor with auxiliary winding?

also note if you are rectifying 230V mains the push pull fets will see > 650Volts - so 800V min required ...

Status
Not open for further replies.