Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Push down of bump layer (pins) into blocks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matter

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do you guys push down the top most layer (which has only bumps - no signal routes) into the blocks for block level processing ? Has anyone had experience with the approach of NOT pushing down bump layer into blocks ? If so, how did you guys handle STA at block and full chip STA ?

Hi Matter,

Never tried that approach. Infact surprised to hear that u want to use the RDL layer at the block level/unless otherwise if it is requed by the top while implementation.
Dont u think this would complicate the design in every stage.

In my design, We have never followed that approch of pushing the top/RDL layer to the block.

Regrads

Thanks for the response lohi21.
The reason that I push down bumps into blocks is to get an accurate STA at the block level ( i.e. to basically capture all the coupling effects).

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back