Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulsed voltage reading with PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can i read a pulsed voltage(PWM) which can be positive or negative, by pic's adc?
What kind of circiut must i use before inputting to the adc? Filter, opamp circuit for biasing etc? Also what must i do to calculate the rms value of the voltage? Should i read mean values at certain times over a period and then calculate? How's this job done conventionally?

Hi
If your signal is goinig to negative rail you must clemp it to the ground potential

using diode otherwise it might damage your input stage

All the best

Bobi

I made it by adding offset to the opamp.

Hello

you may also use a clamping circuit based on diodes and capacitors.

Regards

There is some problem with clamping circuit. If i use it in high voltage side then voltage goes very high and exceeds the limit if i use it low voltage side than the voltage drop on diode worsen the measurement and drops accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.