Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse rated (fotoflash) capacitors, where the get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WimRFP

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For a demonstrator I am looking for 10 to 20 pulse rated electrolytic capacitors in the 800..1500 uF range, 300..400V. Such capacitors are also known as (photo) flash capacitors (mostly 330 or 360V).

Does anyone know of a good supplier/manufacturer that does small quantities for a good price and ships to the Netherlands?

Same capacitors are used in Laser pulse chargers .However , charging voltages are 1500VDC and pulse rate of 20PPS.

Hello vimalkhanna,

I need about 1..1.5 kJ and a 1500V capacitor would really be better for my discharge application, but the price may be higher also.

"allelectronics" has 270uF, 330V fotoflash capacitors for less then 1 USD (found via usenet group). 100 of them will do the job. I consider this a serious option, but I hope someone will come with a better one (larger size capacitors). To be honest, I am very afraid to use Alibaba or similar trade sites.

WimRFP,

Have you tried eBay? There are usually loads of surplus capacitors of similar size available at any time.

Hello Nick,

I checked Ebay, and the price, I almost got an heart attack.

I can hardly imagine that I have to pay about 13USD for 400uF 330V second hand capacitor. Mouser has 300uF 330V (7P series [Cornell Dubilier]), for about 13USD (based on 25 pieces). I hope there is a cheaper alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.