Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse Position Modulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

navinrk

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi--I am looking for implementing L-PPM and it variants like Sub Carrier PPM in Simulink. These are used in Wireless Optical Communication. I am not very conversant with Simulink. Can any one help me with the model (block level) implementation of the same?
Thank u in advance.

I have finishid model in simulink Conovolutional coder + Amplitude PPM model for Optical chanel... I made it for IBM enginner last summer. and we compare L-PPM and APPM but in idealy i biuld only APPM model to find best result in Conv coder wich worked with A-PPM. Pls send me specification or more info.... I think this is the same project. If need I can rebuild project for you task. Let me know if you are agree

slava_edf said:
I have finishid model in simulink Conovolutional coder + Amplitude PPM model for Optical chanel... I made it for IBM enginner last summer. and we compare L-PPM and APPM but in idealy i biuld only APPM model to find best result in Conv coder wich worked with A-PPM. Pls send me specification or more info.... I think this is the same project. If need I can rebuild project for you task. Let me know if you are agree
HI
Thank you -
L-PPM, also called as L-arry PPM. PPM is an orthogonal modulation scheme that offers a decrease in average-power requirement compared to OOK, at the expense of an increased bandwidth requirement. L-PPM utilizes symbols consisting of time slots, which can be referred to as chips. A constant power L.Pt is transmitted during one of these chips and zero power is transmitted during the remaining (L-1) chips, thereby encoding Log2(L) bits in the position of the “high” chip. 4-PPM are shown in Fig. attached. 2PPM is like OOK. For a given bit rate, L-PPM requires more bandwidth than OOK by a factor L/Log2(L), e.g., 16-PPM requires four times more bandwidth than OOK. In the
absence of multipath distortion, L-PPM yields an average power requirement that decreases steadily with increasing ; the increased noise associated with a L/Log2(L), -fold wider receiver noise bandwidth is outweighed by the L-fold increase in peak power. This decreased average-power requirement makes PPM especially suitable for portable infrared transmitters. Fig. as short block level is also given.
In fact, from this I plan to develop Sub Carrier PPM (SC-PPM) in which in each of this L-PPM pulse a carrier frequency will be sent instead of rectangular pulses. If you can give some hint or model, I shall be grateful to you. Thanks

tell me you e-mail I send to specification....

Added after 46 seconds:

write in personal

Reactions: ep3mr

ep3mr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.