Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pt1000 temperature sensor Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power E

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am a student doing a project on solar panel. I am having difficulties coming up with a circuit to connect a Pt1000 temperature sensor to give an output of 4-20mA for certain temperature reading. i need the output to be 4mA for temperature of 15degree celcius (1058.5Ω) and 20mA output for temperature of 70 degree celcius(1270.7Ω). It must be a linear circuit.
Please help me with the circuit design.
Thank you so much for your help.[/url]\]

Take a look at this circuit:

Mini RTD Pt-100 Three Wire Transmitter
https://www.electronics-circuits.com/cirdir/analog/control/del30005.html

It has a couple of scaling variable resistors that should allow you to adjust the required temperature ranges with reference to 4mA and to 20mA ..

There is also the XTR108 (google for it's data sheet) but I'm not sure if you can get your hands on it ..

Rgds,
IanP

Dear IanP,
You mentioned about XTR108, whats is this product about?
Regards
Power E

Dear IanP
I saw the link you gave me. thank you so much. do you have a easier to do circuit diagram or schematic for my case.?

Regards
Power E

The circuit has to be modified to work for Pt1000 and the intended temperature range, but it's straightforward and
a good starting point. Nothing has been said about the required loop supply type.

PT100 4-20mA datasheet
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.