Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSS simulation error--- Insufficient memory available

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharezhao

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all!
When I run PSS, there will be a warning saying Insufficient memory available. The circuit is small about 40 MOS. The signal is 3M and 4M with the sampling clock 60M. In order to get accurate IIP3 result I set the reltol=1e-7 vabstol=1e-8 iabstol=1e-13. I have checked this problem on google. But still can't find the right way to solve it.
Now any one knows how to set and enable the swap files of Spectre. how can I know the present swap files. I didn't find it in the PSS option.

Thank you for your attention!!!
BRs

You should set the tolerance more relax, default is enough for IIP3, I think.

Thank you!!
I know, but the IIP3 is different from the result with high accurate setting. So i guess the latter result is right. That is why i use these settings.

Hi sharezhao ,

Actually, there is a swap option for pss(pss-->option-->swap), after you setup a swap file, the problem may be solved
or you can use 64bit ADE

Rds
Buckaroo

When I run PSS, there will be a warning saying Insufficient memory available.
What analysis engine do you use as PSS ?

Use HB not Shooting-Newton as PSS.
Shooting-Newton-PSS tends to be inaccurate regarding IP3 evaluation although it takes much computation costs than HB.

Status
Not open for further replies.