Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSS question for P1dB in LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

liletian

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys
WHen I simulation the LNA P1dB using PSS. If I sweep the power range is large, the PSS always has convergence problem.
I am wondering if someone else have the same problem and have a solution to allow PSS to converge for high imput power?
Thanks

What simulator do you use as PSS ?

There are many simulators which have analysis called as PSS.
This is very true for your another post.
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/209913/

Always describe the followings for tool or simulator which you use.
- vendor's name
- correct tool's name without any abbreviation
- version

Last edited:

Hi Guys
WHen I simulation the LNA P1dB using PSS. If I sweep the power range is large, the PSS always has convergence problem.
I am wondering if someone else have the same problem and have a solution to allow PSS to converge for high imput power?
Thanks
SPSS is generally a simulator with some convergence problems.The most of them come from model data and some of them from topology.
If you have used floating nodes/very small resistance branches/series components without branching anywhere etc... those create some problems of matrix eigenvalues...
So, the base of the problem is mathematical..
There are some options in option tab in this simulator conrtol panel..Putting a very small capacitor ( 1aF or 1fF) )to every node ,increasing settling time.. decreasing tolerances etc..
You should play with those parameters to get a robust result..

Status
Not open for further replies.