Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSS PNOISE analysis in Cadence IC6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debdut

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm a novice in Cadence. And I have designed a ring oscillator in virtuoso.
Can you please help in doing the PSS, PNOISE analysis in cadence?
Quick and detaled reply will be very helpful.

You should do a PSS analysis first to determine the frequency of oscillation then PNOISE to get Phase Noise at offset frequencies.
But you should refer to SpectreRF User Guide for more information.It explains the PSS+PNOISE analysis for oscillators in more detailed.

Where can I find the SpectreRF User Guide.

The manuals I downloaded does not have enough information regarding PSS PNOISE Analysis.

Where can I find the SpectreRF User Guide.

The manuals I downloaded does not have enough information regarding PSS PNOISE Analysis.
Search help directory of your Cadence or MMSIM installation.There are many help files in it...

Reactions: parnia

parnia

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hello, BigBoss, did you simulate the phase noise of the divider by ADS, I simulated the phase noise of the divider in ADS with the HB and HB noise controller, and found the results were not right, would you plz told me how the simulate it in ADS?

hello, BigBoss, did you simulate the phase noise of the divider by ADS, I simulated the phase noise of the divider in ADS with the HB and HB noise controller, and found the results were not right, would you plz told me how the simulate it in ADS?
I don't know what you have done but it's possible to simulate the dividers in ADS environment.
It should be note that PN carrier index should be selected carefully regarding to division ratio.

I don't know what you have done but it's possible to simulate the dividers in ADS environment.
It should be note that PN carrier index should be selected carefully regarding to division ratio.

I used HB and HB noise controller to simulate the phase noise of the divider which was divider by 3, the setting of the ADS just as shown in the figure, but the result was not right, so I want to know how to simulate the PS of the divider in ADS? Is there anything wrong with the setting of the simulation in HB and HB noise controller, thank you~ ps.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back