Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pspice user defined functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabu31

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am a beginer in PSPICe. I would like to know if its possible to define user defined functions to be used along with power electronic circuits(as in case of matlab) . Any references would be helpful. Also i wanted to know if its possible to implement a solar panel in pspice(either as a lookup table of I-V characteristics or physical model)

Subcircuits and behavioral models are flexible methods to implement user defined circuit functions.

A solar panel can be basically modelled in SPICE simulators by junction diodes and current sources.

Reactions: sabu31

sabu31

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You can use controlled sources to model V-I relation based on table. Since you want to model V-I relation you can go for Voltage controller current source.
PSpice supports all four types of controlled sources V-V, V-I, I-I, I-V

You can find these symbols in ABM library. GTABLE is symbol for Table based Voltage controlled current source.
Hope this helps.

sabu31

Hi
Thanks atripathi. That was exactly what i was looking for.

I also wanted to know just how to we search for these things (say Gtable ) and know how it functions. Because in Matlab environment , i am able to just type the name of function block and help specific for that block and how its used is shown. Is there such type of help in Orcad- cadence. For example, is there any help in cadence which shows how to use Gtable. Any reference would be helpful. Thanks

It's described in detail in the PSPICE reference guide, a pdf document.

sabu31

Thanks FvM,
Yes this is defined in PSpice reference guide. You can find the complete pdf in your installation <InstalDir>/doc/pspcref/pspcref.pdf . You can also access the Cadence Online help interface and search for GTABLE.

sabu31

Status
Not open for further replies.