Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pspice simulation_frequency sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsnr

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am trying to simulate a simple circuit with inductance , capacitance and resistance.But the value of resistor depends on frequency,how can write a equation of resistance value and its frequency dependancy in orcad pspice software and i am doing AC analysis as i want to see tge voltage across the capacitor vs frequency.
It would be very helpful if anyone can help me.
Thank you in advance.

I don't really understand your question??
In Pspice you just add the RLC parts in the desired circuit to the schematic window, add an AC source, and do the AC simulation, no equations needed.

I don't really understand your question??
In Pspice you just add the RLC parts in the desired circuit to the schematic window, add an AC source, and do the AC simulation, no equations needed.

Hi Crutschow,

Thank you for your response.I am sorry, i think my question was not clear. Of course i should use AC source and i did that.I am trying to simulate electrical equivalent circuit of an antenna in Pspice, i need to simulate skin effect, which is represented as a resistance as a function of frequency. In my case (Rac=sqrt(pi*mu*frequency*resistivity of material).So,What I would like to do is simulate a circuit where a resistance varies with frequency.I'm looking for a way to model a frequency dependent resistor in PSPICE.
Thank you for your suggestions and i hope i will find a way.

You should be able to use the .step function in PSPICE to step the frequency and have the resistance step at the same time per the equation you posted.

That won't be as continuous a simulation as doing the AC analysis but I believe you can only change parameters on the fly in the transient analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.