Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pSpice or Electronics Workbench?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markmick

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pspice or workbench

Anyone use these products? I'm getting back into electronics after a number of years & these kind of products were not available in the 'ancient' past. Which of these seem the most useful for experimenting with undergrad-level electronic circuit examples?

Thanks,
Mark

hi
pspice is powerful.
but workbench can de real-time simulation.
I think any tools can be useful.
regards

Workbench is very handy, easy to use and friendly.
Pspice is more complete and powerfull, with more tools for electronic analisys, but it is a litle difficult to use you must read and investigate more.

Most of the books refears to spice not workbench.

Hi there,

I have been using both Workbench and pSPICE for a number of years, both in school and after graduating. I have to admit that I've found Workbench's Multisim to be much better now than it was before.

There is very little that I can find that you can do in pSPICE that Multisim won't allow.

In fact the only type of analysis I've seen that pSPICE offers is SMOKE, that Multisim lacks.

Just about everybody I talk to much prefers working with Multisim, as it's easier to use, has a customizable interface, and can interactively simulate. I'd caution against saying "real-time" after-all it is performing a SPICE simulation! .. however for digital-only simulations, the Multisim simulator can actually produce results in "real time".

If I had to pick.. my vote goes to Multisim because it's just getting better and better. They release a new version every year that's packed with new bits and pieces. For example I noticed that they now have a 3D NI ELVIS breadboard in there, which is new to V9.

Anyway, ultimately you need to decide for yourself!

Happy simulating,

EDA_fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back