Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pspice : need to have generic DAC and ADC models

Status
Not open for further replies.

houly

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
I would want ot know if it is possible to have a generic DAC (and ADC) in pspice (I use Orcad suite for simulation) ? I know that Simetrix permit to setup custom model, does pspice could do it too ?

thanks.

I cannot check at the moment, but if you have SIMetrix, generate an ADC and look at the netlist. If it looks like a Spice subcircuit you could cut & paste it into Pspice.

A DAC wouldn't be too tricky - an R2R ladder and perfect buffer.

Keith

I can't do this. The ADC of Simetrix is a GUI which its model is not accessible.

If you run a simulation with the DAC or ADC in SIMetrix and then look at either the 'design.net' file or the list/output file you should be able to see what has been used in the simulation. It may be a macro using SIMetrix syntax, or it may be a Spice subcircuit - I am not sure.

Keith

Added after 30 minutes:

I have managed to do a quick check and it calls up models in the bridges.lb library, but I am not sure it helps much.

Keith

Does Pspice support Xspice digital models? bridges.lb is the link between Xspice and Spice. If Pspice supports Xspice then the model in bridges.lb may also work.

Keith

Does anyone know/have a multi-bit ADC or DAC model in Spice language. I want to use it in a design in SMASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back