Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pspice models request / how to create models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adinogcas

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Pspice model request

Can anyone show me how to make these models:

P-MOSFET:AO3423
N-MOSFET:AO3424
LED: SFH4231
and photo transistor: PT501

I would like to learn how to create PSPICE model base on datasheet. For example: where to look for parameters: IS, N, RB, PHI, GAMMA, DELTA, ETA,etc.

If anyone has good guidance or so please post, or share.
Thank you

Re: Pspice model request

Generally the Pspice models are avialable on manufacturer's website. They list the model in *.cir file. You can create the model/symbol using pspice model editor. Refer the attached document to see how to convert *.cir file to a running pspice model that can be used on the schematic page.

Pspice model editor (find it in Accessories folder or right click on any symbol on schematic page and go to edit pspice model) can also help you copy the model from already present models and by referring the data-sheets you can change the parameters.

So the key is find the relevant models already present in pspice library and edit as per your datasheet.

Hope this helps!
-Hemanshu

Re: Pspice model request

Hi abbeyromy,

Thank you for your replying. I know how to create a model with provided spice model from the manufacture. However, I dont know how to create one base on datasheet. I dont know how to obtain the parameters like W,L, RS, UO, IS, CGSO, NFS, etc.

Those FETs that I request pspice model dont have the manufacture's spice model. It says in the product website is " SPICE Model Not Available". So that's a reason I have to create one base on its datasheet.

For example, here is the spice model for AO3418 that I obtained from the manufacturer website:

.SUBCKT AO3418 4 1 2
M1 3 1 2 2 NMOS W=280000u L=0.7u
M2 2 1 2 4 PMOS W=280000u L=0.8u
R1 4 3 RTEMP 25E-3
CGS 1 2 5E-12
DBD 2 3 DBD
.MODEL NMOS NMOS (LEVEL = 3 TOX = 2.5E-8
+ RS = 2E-4 RD = 0 VTO=1.7
+ UO = 350 THETA = 0.2 NSUB=2.3e17
+ VMAX = 8E6 XJ = 3E-7 KAPPA = 1.1
+ ETA = 0 TPG = 1
+ IS = 0 LD = 0
+ CGSO = 0 CGDO = 0 CGBO = 0
+ NFS = 2E10 DELTA = 0.1)
.MODEL PMOS PMOS (LEVEL = 3 TOX = 2.5E-8
+NSUB = 3E16 TPG = -1)
.MODEL DBD D (CJO=10E-12 VJ=0.6 M=0.3
+RS=0.005 FC=0.5 IS=1E-11 TT=1.5E-12 N=1.0 BV=36 IBV=1E-4)
.MODEL RTEMP RES (TC1=5.0E-3 TC2=1E-6)
.ENDS

I would love to learn how to know all the parameters base on provided datasheet so I can create one.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.