Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSpice and switch mode power supply - simulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Cool

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simuler une alimentation flyback sous pspice

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a flyback switch mode power supply. i have ONLY the PWM controller chip UC1844A and associated circuitry. i try to first see this device switching, 50% duty cycle. then, when that works, i move on to model rest of circuit.

but i can not get UC1844A to simulate at all without causing Convergence errors!!

has anyone ever tried to use this device, or SG1844 , in a PSpice circuit and is willing to reveal how they got it to work??

Thanks,
Mr.Cool

vswitch pspice

There are some commands you can put in the .options line of the code to fix this. If I remember right ITL5=0 is the command. Another increases the number of iterations allowed before it declares a problem. Another useful set are the accuracy of each time step values.

Look up the .options command in the documentation.

pspice and switched power supply

Better to use Spectre or Hspice to overcome it

switch power mode supplies pspice simulation

i have tried all these options...

the only thing i notice with this device is that you can double click on it and manually enter the DT_FACTOR value. i set it to "10" and now it works.

also, there is an option under simulation profile to "skip bias point calculation". i have had MUCH luck with this. but be careful not to consider anything earlier than 1ms as "true".

set simulation to 2ms, and "start recording data" after 1.8ms for example

Mr.Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back