Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proximity Sensor circuits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UroBoros

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
circuit proxsimity sensor tsop

Hai

I am looking for a proximity detector circuit for a moving Toy project. Preferably using Infra red signal detection.
Plaese .. Links or circuits.
or any commercial units available in India.

Picstudent

www.machivi.ma.cx

What about ultrasonic proximity sensors?
Here link to Honneywell:
**broken link removed**

UroBoros

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hai

lot of sensors are available
r u using which type of sensors
induction type proximity sensors i have used
if u want the more details send me a pm

UroBoros

you might have a look at sharp ir sensors ,they are really cool

maxer

UroBoros

Hi,
U can use IR reflection metod using TSOP 1738 sensors(TV remote sensor). i have practically realised this during my college days.
u can modulate a low freq signal on a 38khz carrier using pic.( use interrupt and pwm module for this) and limit sensitivity of the sensor.
aji

UroBoros

Hai
the IR receiver responds to make and breake beam only.That could be handled.How to reduce or adjust the sensitivity of the receiver to detect the reflection ? Please Suggest
Picstudent

try ultrasonic..

Hello!

See the link below. You'll find my plans for a simple IR Obstacle Detector with pictures and Eagle files.

**broken link removed**

UroBoros

you must look at this site.. www.alexan.com.ph in the philippines.. ultrasonic sensor emits sound.. it has a transmitter and receiver.. you may choose a better sensor so you creates a circuits that appropriate in your project.. proximity is also the sensor you may use also.

I have same prob. I want to make a sensor to measure distance from 8cm to 40cm with 4cm presicion. If you have pls share the circuit diag.

Status
Not open for further replies.