provide me the pin configuration of connector for Siemens S7 200 & 300 PLCs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatcreators

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
provide me the pin configuration of connector for Siemens S7 200 & 300 PLCs ?

thanks

Doesn't the manual include them or you are asking for the manual?

Alex

Reactions: dineshdeshmuk

dineshdeshmuk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
    V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i don't have the manual ........ do the manuals have the pin configuration of the 9 pin D connector & the 15 pin D connector ?

thanks

All S7 manuals are downloadable from **broken link removed**
I wonder which 15p connector you're referring to? The "PtP" (point-to-point) RS232 interface provided with some CPU variants? All S7 CPUs have a MPI programming connector.

kindly provide me the pin-outs because i want to connect my PC (Siemens Program) to the CPU of the Siemens S7 200 & S7 300 PLC ..........

To connect a PC to the MPI programming interface you need a MPI programming adapter. In case of the S7-200 PPI interface, a simple RS232 to RS485 adapter is sufficient.

Code:
Pin No. Notation Signalname                    Direction (of cable) 
1       NC       Not Connected   
2       M24V     Ground of the 24V             In 
3       Ltg_B    Data line B BiDir. 
4       RTS-AS   Request to Send from the PLC  In 
5       M5V      Ground of the 5V              In 
6       P5V      5V output                     Out 
7       P24V     24V Supply input              In 
8       Ltg_A    Data line A                   BiDir 
9       RTS-PG   Request to Send to the PLC    Out

The additional serial interface of S7-300 CPUs 313C-2 PtP and 314C-2 PtP also uses a RS422/485 physical layer and needs a converter to connect to a PC.

The PtP 15p connector pin-out ist shown in this document https://support.automation.siemens....ctions_operating_instructions_en-US_en-US.pdf

would you show me the picture where cpu is connected to the laptop via that communication cable ?

thanks

The shown pinning is from a third party MPI interface adapter. Present Simatic original programming adapter is 6ES7972-0CB20-0XA0 SIMATIC S7, PC ADAPTER USB. Siemens has cancelled the RS232 to MPI Adapter some years ago. There are several suppliers for software compatible adapters, don't know which are available in your region.

The PC to MPI adapter uses a PROFIBUS communication processor. It's not a simple RS232/RS485 level converter.

https://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll/csfetch/16983464/PC_Adapter_USB_e.pdf

P.S.: For S7-200 only PC connection, there's a different product 6AG1901-3CB30-2XA0 SIPLUS S7-200 PPI CABLE. But you can always use MPI programming adapters for S7-200.

I'm often using this MPI Adapter: Shop:MPI/PPI - Process Informatik Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.