Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus schematic to ARES layout transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

imranahmed

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please let me know that how to transfer proteus schematic to ARES layout directly.
Can anyone tell me please?

After clicking this window is open and i dont understand how to proceed.

Attachments

• ARES.bmp
    2.3 MB · Views: 117

These are components that don't have a PCB package defined for, in ISIS. Select the appropriate package for each component. Or, assign packages to all your components in ISIS and then export to ARES.

Let's say we'll assign a package for a battery. We'll assign a two pin connector.

Select the battery and place it.

Select it. Right click it. Click on packaging tool. Click Ok if a popup appears.
Click add. Search for CONN-SIL2. Select the item. Click Ok.
Under the column "A", type in the pin numbers. Let's say, battery + is 1, and battery - is 2. So, add 1 and 2 under "A".

Then, click on "Assign Package". Click Ok. Click "Save Package". Click Yes.

Now export it to ARES.

First try only with the battery in a new design before you try it for the entire project.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

For other components where you need a custom PCB package, first make the component in ARES, and then assign it to a component in ISIS.

Components packages are successfully transfer to ARES but I want that the connections I made in Proteus fully transfer to ARES with connections.

For that you need to use the autoplacement and autorouter options: **broken link removed**

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/134608/

I prefer manual routing though, since I have complete control of the routing and can do it as I like. Only I know the details and specifications of the circuit, PROTEUS doesn't.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back