Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus reliable or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyuiop415263

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have used Proteus as a simulation tool for controller based projects. Is proteus reliable for complex analog electronic circuits simulation? I have heard that professional designers dont recommend using Proteus instead they recommend Multisim and ORCAD. Anyone comment on this?

Proteus' strong point is the wide range of microcontroller models available. I would recommend Multisim or ORCAD for purely analog designs of high complexity, that being said Proteus will perform the task for simple to moderate analog designs.

However, like Dirty Harry said, "A Man's Got to Know his Limitations ." And that adage applies to his simulations as well.

BigDog

Though it has some shortcomings, still I consider it as the best software and also reliable for Micro controller simulation. We should be really grateful to Proteus team for making such a great software, without the help of which, many of us including me, could not have been able to use Micro controller in practical application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back