Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus Project need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

comradedyatlov

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im trying to simulate a gym bicycle which give the heart rate of the rider. Instead of the bicycle im using an dc motor. I want to use RPM of the motor as input for arduino which control heart beat sensor.

Heart beat should be depend on the value of the rpm.
Im not sure if im in the right direction. Im new on proteus.

Picture1.png

Sorry for any misspelling.

Last edited:

Hi,

I have not used Proteus so far, is the green bar in the left of the motor the RPM sensor?

In my opinion this approach does not emulate a bike ride correct. I would expect e.g. a current sensor which gives feedback about the current sourced by the motor.

For example, two rides with the same RPM:
(i) a slow ride without an altitude change
(ii) an exhausting ascent

Althoug both rides may result in the same RPM, ride (ii) will definitively result in a higher heart rate, and for your case, the motor will source a higher current.

greets

Green bar show rpm for the motor. I know this wouldnt be an correct simulate but i was thinking that rpm will depend on how fast is the rider.

You may use a second motor, which is is mechanical connected with the shaft of your first motor (bottom bracket). The second motor emulates the current terrain i.e. same rotation direction for descent (RPM_2 > RPM_1), and opposit for an ascent.

How to use RPM as variable for arduino code?

I don't get that.

You are measuring your RPM, for this reason you have defined a single variable or an array, which is used for your further signal processing i.e. emulation of the heart rate.

I want heart rate to depend on rpm value, right now arduino just control the speed of that motor and give some random value for HB. Im not sure how to edit the code to do a condition for both values HB and rpm.

How do you acquire your RPM information? Is it only a value shown in the simulation, or is there an actual "physical" sensor involved? If not you could use a motor encoder device as suggested by Eduardo.

How do you calculate/emulate the heart rate so far?

Green bar under motor show rpm thats all information i have, heart beat sensor has its own code commanded by arduino.

Hi,

I want heart rate to depend on rpm value
m trying to simulate a gym bicycle which give the heart rate of the rider.

I don´t understand.
Heart beat rate .. depends on the person it´s fitness and it´s effort. Heart beat rate is measured with a sensor.

You say you want heart beat rate to depend on RPM...
I rather see it the other way round. The person needs to adjust the power he gives to the pedals .. then automatically the heart beat rate will change.

As others already mentioned: RPM is no measure of power. You additionaly need to know torque.

I see no relationship between RPM and heart beat rate.

Klaus

Green bar under motor show rpm thats all information i have, heart beat sensor has its own code commanded by arduino.

... so you are not measuring the RPM at all. I really don't know how you want derive a herat beat, by a quantity that is not measured.

Sorry but the chosen approach makes no sense to me at all. The use of the RPM (cadence) makes only sense in my opinion if some one would be interested in an heart beat rate estimater based on a COUPLE of sensor data e.g. velocity, torque, cadence. But this estimator would need personal specific training data, which would also include the heart rate, measured by an appropriate device as a base data set.

greets

I know there is no relationship between RPM and heart beat rate, im just assuming that higher value of rpm the faster is person riding the "bike".

Hi,

im just assuming that higher value of rpm the faster is person riding the "bike".
I agree - if there is no gear to shift.

This sentence says:
higher RPM --> faster bike
but nothing about: RPM <--> heart beat rate.

But wasn´t it you that brought RPM and heart beat rate into relationship?

I´m still confused. And still don´t know what your goal is, what values you measure, what values you estimate and what values you want to control (and how).

Maybe a flow chart or any other draft with some boxes and arrows could help.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.