Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus PCB Footprint Design Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okada

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need Proteus PCB Footprint Design Help.

See attached image and attached 1:1 scale file.

I have created PCB footprint fot JCQ-3F(T73) Relay in Proteus. I created a new pad with Diameter 2.54mm and drill hold 1.3mm but I am getting very small drill hole. See 1:1 scale PDF.

Attachments

• JQC-3F(T73) Datasheet.pdf
    426.8 KB · Views: 100
  • footprint.png
    footprint.png
    35 KB · Views: 87
  • JQC-3F(T73).pdf
    2.1 KB · Views: 84

No idea which layer(s) are printed in the pdf.

The only relevant point is that the gerber output will have 1.3 mm drills in drill file and 2.54 mm massive round pads in copper artwork and slightly increased size in solder mask. The drill does not show in the copper and solder mask layer. Did you check?

@FvM

Ok, No, I have not checked. I am new to Proteus footprint creation. I have only used ARES for PCB layout designing and had never tried footprint creation.

I am trying. Don't know how to print only the drill layer in Proteus. Should I generate gerber files and then print the drill gerber ? Isn't there any other option to print the drill layer ?

Attached is the PCB layout 3D view. Components placement is over. Will check the drill layer and if holes are good then I will go with the layout designing.

Attachments

• 3D View #2.png
    3D View #2.png
    233.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 3D View #3.png
    3D View #3.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 92

@FvM

Please have a look at this 1:1 scale PCB board. I see the Relay contact holes. Is this size correct.

2.54 mm pad dia, Pad height 3.5 mm and drill hole 1.3 mm dia.

Attachments

• 3D View #5.pdf
    725.6 KB · Views: 66

Don't think that you need others to see that the relay pads look O.K., also that no actual pin will fit the SW1 drills.

I can post the Proteus file. I just need to see the pads and drill layers in 1:1 scale. Don't know how to do.

I am getting very small drill hole

Did you measure that ?
Aren't you able to make a rough check comparing to the grid ?

I measured and the relay pad hole is 1.3 mm as I have set. No problems. Just need to change the Trim Pot and Tact Switch footprints. I will post the final file here tomorrow.

For now the board looks like this. I managed to make it single layer board. All attached is Gerber of Drill Details.

Attachments

• Gerber Drill.png
    Gerber Drill.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Proteus PCB Layout Design.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:

I measured and the relay pad hold is 1.3 mm as I have set. No problems.
I will post the final file here tomorrow.

So, the initial problem is solved.
No need to attach the file here, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back