Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Proteus not showing Variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okada

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Proteus not showing Variables

Hi

I am using PIC16F886 and I am debugging the .cof file in Proteus but Proteus is not showing the variables used in code. How to make it show variables ? Without seeing the variable values I can't debug.

Attachments

• ss #1.png
    ss #1.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 258
  • ss #2.png
    ss #2.png
    18 KB · Views: 227

Global variables are kept always in memory whereas local variables are deleted after exiting from the routine where they were instantiated, however seems like not being the case in question. The most relevant screenshot you did not show, which is the compiling log, where it is possible to see all the compilation messages, such as unused variables. In addition, depending on the optimization schema it is plausible to assume that the compiler does not implement unused variables. Anyway, in your specific code above, not sure if this makes any difference, I would recommend to declare variables as volatile, just to check.

There are no local variables. All variables are global. I experience a strange thing. If I reduce code size by commenting some code then some variables can be seen in Proteus variables window and can be debugged but if full code is used then no variables are shown.

hope it will help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back