Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus ISIS simulation for half bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandleCookie

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I really need some help in proteus simulation. For this half bridge simulation, i can't get any waveforms. I keep getting the errors like in the pic i uploaded. Can someone help me to see if there is any error in it? Actually i don't really know how to switch on the MOSFET so maybe it is wrong. I had chosen analogue pulse with pulse width 200us and frequency 100Hz for the MOSFET. So, i hope to get some suggestions from u all. Thank you.

You just need to add a GROUND to your circuit. The simulator needs a reference.

In P mosfet Q1 you have connected the source pin to a lower voltage compared to the drain, so the mosfet protection diode is not connected reverse as it should .

In P mosfet the source has to be at a higher voltage compared to the drain, the mosfet conducts when the gate voltage is lower than the source (how much depends on the mosfet used).
In N mosfet the source has to be at a lower voltage compared to the drain, the mosfet conducts when the gate voltage is more positive than the source.

Imagine a potentiometer with the two ends connected to the mosfet drain and source and the gate connected to the center tap, the more you turn the pot closer to the drain the more bias you apply and you lower the mosfet RdsOn (drain-source resistance) so you conduct more, the closer you go towards the source you shutdown the mosfet.

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

I think you should use the Q1 mosfet in place of Q2 but with reversed source/drain and use Q2 in place of Q1 as it is.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back