Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Proteus ISIS Issue Buss Bits 1 and 11 are connected together but shouldn't be

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Ren

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to get to grips with the Buss and Sub-circuit architecture on Proteus ISIS by creating a relay Array circuit that contains 20 relays with the necessary support components, a Microcontroller (ATMEGA2560) that controls the switching of the relays. and junctions to allow the relays to control external elements. A typical PLC type control circuit used in industrial automation or automated testing.

In my initial attempt at setting up the busses correctly went horribly wrong. the bus signals were all named and it looked fine on an organisational/ paperwork point of view but when exporting to ARES to check the track connections none of the relays were connected to the junctions or the Micro.

I found a document explaining the syntax Proteus expects when naming busses and allocating bus bits to each signal and realised I had got the naming horribly wrong both the names of the busses and the signal names were just all incorrect so I set out changing them in accordance with the document. an example of my changes were the 'RELAY_SIG[1..20] ' bus which was previously named 'Relay_Sig(1:20) ' and the bus bits to ' RELAY_SIG1 ' ect. instead of ' Relay_Sig:1 ' ect.

My issue is that after redoing all the signal names for this first bus the RELAY_SIG1 and RELAY SIG11 resistors that go on to the relay coil are both connected to the RELAY_SIG1 pin of the microcontroller.

I have created a separate Project which I have started with the correct signalling this time with 11 relays a different microcontroller from the same family (ATMEGA328p) but with the seem bus setup and I had no problems. for the life of me no matter how much I edit and change the Issue does not go away!

My query to anyone who reads is have you had this issue before? Is it a known fault in the Proteus ISIS software? If so is there a work around besides redoing the circuit again?

Thanks in advance.

Yes I have had this problem, although I have always managed to get it to work after deleting the relevant bus connections, and often it was due to mistakes with the naming.

Thanks you for your responce and I initially thought I had made a mistake in naming the buses which of course I had on the first circuit.
But i have just realised the second attempt also seems to have the issue, Ill try explain the second circuit in more detail.

i have three sub circuits one that houses the MCU and two relay arrays I have the RELAY_SIG[1..11] bus going from the MCU and it splits part of the bus RELAY_SIG[1..5] goes to the first relay sub circuit, and the rest RELAY_SIG[6..11] goes to the second.

When I export to Proteus ARES for this second circuit the resisters that are the next connection from the MCU resistors
1 and 6, --- RELAY_SIG1
2 and 7, --- RELAY_SIG2
3 and 8, --- RELAY_SIG3
4 and 9, --- RELAY_SIG4
5 and 10, --- RELAY_SIG5

Now there is a fourth sub circuit that houses the Socket I feel I may be answering my own question here...
There are two Sockets, one that houses the Switched connections for the first set of relays and the second Socket houses the connections for the second.
I have two separate busses for each sub circuit one Bus (A_RELAY_IN & B_RELAY_IN) managing the COM connections for the relays to the Socket, and another two busses managing the outbound Connections (A_RELAY_OUT & B_RELAY_OUT).

Now this setup works with out issue, but the ability to split up buses this way is supposed to work as for as I know.
I am using Proteus 8.2 not the up to date version which could be the issue.
I would also post a picture but I don't quite know how...

My question would be now is that is this a known bug or is there some underlying setup I have missed?

- - - Updated - - -

//_______________UPDATE______________.

I Fixed it!
I found that in the Sub circuit Parent Sheet I had made I had used general input output terminals rather than the bus terminal.
I had also not named the bus tracks coming and going from the sub circuit terminals.

So I initially had this

issue bus.PNG

And I changed it to this

Solution.PNG

All the nets connect where I want them to go now without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back