Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Proteus: changing where the VCC pin from a IC is connected to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enf

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm using Proteus 8.8 to design a 16-step sequencer, here's a vector file of the schematic that i want to implement on a PCB: https://svgshare.com/i/Vps.svg

Thing is all the ICs there have their GND and VCC pins hidden and connected virtually to ground and VCC respectively. As you can see on the vector file I linked, I've placed a couple of terminals and a fuse separated from the circuit, ending in an output labeled as "5V in".

So I would like all the ICs in my circuit to have their VCC pin connected to that 5V output when auto-routing on the PCB layout. Is there any way of doing it? Apart from drawing the tracks manually, of course. I am guessing it has something to do with the Hidden pins menu, the one on this picture:

6lTYmcL.png

However I don't really understand how all these nets work. I've checked the design explorer, and had a look at how the nets seem to be distributed, but I don't want to touch this too much without knowing what I'm doing.

I would like to know if it is possible to do what I'm trying to do, and if so, some guidance would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Vps.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 105

On "Design" menu, go to "Power Rail Configuration":

Attachments

• FfIEw.jpg
    FfIEw.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 290
Reactions: Enf

Enf

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Got it, I replaced the output terminal next to the fuse with a power terminal and called it "V IN". Then went into the power rail configuration and added it to VCC/VDD. The PCB Layout is now autorouting the VCC pin from all the ICs directly to the fuse :)

In case anyone else has the same issue, the menu is now looking like this:

cB0iVrr.png

Thanks @andre_teprom (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back