Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus ARES. I want make autoroute but only selected component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcitak

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I want make autoroute but only selected component with proteus

in the past have two option tagged and untagged.

Please help me.

Forget autoroute, manually route the board.

If you don't know how to autoroute, and think that you select a component to autoroute it then you will not know how to setup the program to autoroute effectively.
Do it manually, 1 connection at a time.

Hello Mattylad

I want make autoroute but only selected component. I want to the other unselected components layout doesnt effect this operation. But I can't succeed. I use V8 Proteus.

thank you

I presume the autorouter supports only routing of selected nets or specific from-to connections, but not components.

To perform it, you need to learn the routing command syntax that can be used for do-files and interactive routing commands. It's also possible to make a selection with the mouse and issue a "route" command.

I agree with Mattylad that using the autorouter for your project probably doesn't make much sense.

Autorouters are not very good, unless you spend more time setting them up than you would manually routing them, manual routing will always give better results, placement is the most critical skill though, get that right and the rest is just joining the dots...

I basically agree with Mattylad and marce about usefulness of autorouters, particularly for beginners.

But I guess, tcitak want's to gather experience on his own.

I just tried it, being unfamiliar with Proteus I cannot answer this, selecting a component and using Tools\Autorouter also routes other nets too.

When you figure it out please come back and let us know how you got on & how you did it.

As said, the Proteus interactive routing commands seem to support only net and region but not component selection. But it should basically provide what you want. Did you evaluate the interactive routing features?

I have to agree, although I first thought it was my setting autoroute up incorrectly when I first used proteous 3 years ago..

I tend route critical routes manually, then run the autoroute, then rip up and alter where I'm not happy.

Takes a bit of time, but you will soon get your head round it and it certainly makes you more aware when you place your components, you end up with a much neater and better laid out PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back