Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

proteus and serial com. part

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rs485 proteus

Are there any parts for serial communication (rs485 etc) which can be simulated in proteus library? I couldn't see any.

proteus serial communication

you can write a simple coms dll to interface to a serial 485 port only

you need a 485 port first

i think most motherboards controllers have rs232 233 and 233a
485 isnt far away from 232
so most later than 95 will allow this extended rs232
however it is far better to get a controller set up for it on the pci bus
plug it in and write your own dlls

mark my words it is the only way to be sure of exact standards

after all the only real differance is the numbers of rx tx channels allowed and serviced

so it is easy

you need three things

windows ddk
c++coms ddk
proteus sdk

and also a few sources for i2c and a serial port coms

remember any port is easy to open in c++ by just calling its address and initialise it the way you want with a simple string

so... take time to read
make a check list of the functions you need to employ
and the inc files you need to add
then make a flow relative to the proteus sdk

and write a simple coms dll
to adhear to the driver channels avalible via the windows driver thats i/o is at the port address

:( dlls are quite easy for coms as most of the work is done

rs485 proteus simulation

In my opinion if to connect RS-485 board into computer the standard COMPIM (RS-232) will work in RS485 mode on this port.

proteus serial signal

Hi,

For software simulation you don't need RS-485 port. From software point of view you can think about RS-485 as long distance RS-232 or full-duplex asynchronous serial link.

RS-485 provides diferential physical interface for remote points with diferent ground potentials. You can use RS-485 to transmit any digital signal not only serial Rx and Tx lines. Of course this is expensive solution for data busses but if you need long distance wide bandwith you can use RS-485 differential drivers for every bus signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back