Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus: Add spice data to a component that doesn't have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul98

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

i am trying to create a component with related spice data but i have some difficulty in doing it. I download the component from the componentsearchengine in order to already have the base with the footprint and the symbol then click on make device to modify it by entering the location of the TXT file containing the .MODEL data.

**broken link removed**

I conclude the modification of the component with the addition of the spice instructions and text the simulation but it does not work. Obtained:

No model specified for Q1. [Q1]
Simulation FAILED due to partition analysis error(s).

Alternatively I tried to insert spice data also via "edit properties" and "edit all properties ad text" using * SCRIPT SPICE and * ENDSCRIPT at the beginning and end of spice instructions but without success.

The spice data contained in the file are correct they work if I use a generic NPN as a model but in this way I do not have the footprint for the PCB (in case I wanted to).

Thanks

True! I had a problem with the browser that reverted me to the previous version of the message. Now I can't change it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back