Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus 7.1 Serial Port connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoaspilet11

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
proteus serial port

Hello,

Is it possible to connect the Proteus simulation to actual serial port of the computer? (connecting virtual terminal to actual serial port)

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

compin proteus

That would be good. But I cant find where it is. Is it a property on the Virtual Terminal.

Pls help. Thank you

OKAY i see it now. Thnak you Very much

Added after 1 hours 33 minutes:

Follow up Question

How to use the COMPIM?

1.) My set up is shown in the image
2.) When COMPIM is not connected and I have to manually enter the host response from the Virtual Terminal, the simulation is OK. But with the COMPIM connected the MCU enters to hang state.

3.) Is my configuration correct?

Thanks

proteus compin

Can u interchange the rxd and txd line and try it

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
compim serial port model

At Proteus, there is a simple compim demonstration of how the this model may be used. It helps.

proteus isis txd rxd

Yeah But sometimes the COMPIN does not correctly outputs serial stream to the target device. Is teh COMPIN model have some limitations? or is it stable. because the echoed data back to proteus is not the same as teh actual output..

seriales de proteus 7.1

Sounds like the handshaking or buffering config is incorrect.

Suggest you edit the COMPIM part and launch the help file.

Iain.

Status
Not open for further replies.