Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel / Orcad Footprint needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiconductor

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad header footprint

I'm designing a smartcard reader. But I do not find any footprint in the default library for smartcard.

Is there any one who has smartcard footprint can share with me?

Thank you in advance!

connector orcad footprint

What you need is the footprint for a smartcard CONNECTOR, not the smartcard. In order to find a connector footrpint, you first need to decide which style connector, and which manufacturer's connector you will use - Amphenol, Samtec, etc.

Which connector do you plan to use?

smart card socket footprÄ°nt for orcad

I myself think that it is not needed to specify exactly from which manufacturer I bought the smartcard?

Because smartcard connector is standardised as IEC 7816.

Maybe here, you misunderstood what I meaned because my english is not good at all.

I plan to design and implement the following smartcard reader but I do not know how to draw my own footprint for smartcard connector, just for PCB only!

footprint smart card protel

I see what you mean

I intend to use the following connector

257.jpg

How and where can I find footprint?

orcad jumper plug

You have chosen a smart card reader mechanism that is not intended to be mounted directly on a circuit board. It is intended to be mounted in an enclosure, and connected to the circuitry by way of a short cable.

The connection to your electronics is made through the blue colored pin header connector at the back edge of the reader. To connect to your circuit board, you have a couple of options. You can solder one end of the cable directly to your circuit board, and fit the reader end with a female 7x2 (14 pin) IDC plug to mate with the socket on the reader mechanism. The second option would be to use a connector on your board that is exactly like the one on the reader, and connect your board to the reader mechanism with a jumper cable that has a female pin header connector on both ends.

The bottom line is that you are not going to find just one footprint for what you are trying to do. You can choose the method of getting the cable from the mechanism to your board. The standard Protel library has pin header connectors that match the one on the reader mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back