Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel DXP doesn't identify hardware connected to PC by JTAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

somayeh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
My project is fifo by fpga
it must do with protel DXP. I used tsk51a_d and made vhdl program .
while hardware connect to pc by Jtag but the software(protel DXP) don't identify.
of course fpga IC is Spartan2 (xc2s150-)
even edif , syn , place, map are generated.
What do I do?
please help me

Re: problem

u can change ur software.....a free version of ise is avialable at xilinx.com with name webpack......

hello
thanks alot
first I make (compile,synt,build)by protel DXP and then programming IC with Ise software (impact) and when programming is finished,computer give this message " programming successful". but hardware don't work.
I don't Know what problem it is.
please help me

problem

Try first some trivial projects and implement it on the FPGA (like counter, MUX, ....) to check only that your FPGA is working.

If these projects worked fine, then the problem may be in your code that it does not match RTL rules.

somayeh said:
hello
thanks alot
first I make (compile,synt,build)by P*otel DXP and then programming IC with Ise software (impact) and when programming is finished,computer give this message " programming successful". but hardware don't work.
I don't Know what problem it is.
please help me

how do u know the hardware is not working when the fpga had been fused correctly?
r u testing the status of some output pins for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back