Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel DXP 2004 with jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayder78

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sometimes I need to design single layer PCB boards to decrease the cost of production , I know that some PCB layout softwares have the ability to autoroute single layers and to solve the unconnectable nets by placing jumpers (as you know that single layer boards usually can't be autorouted all of its netlist without jumpers), I wonder if Protel DXP 2004 has this ability(Placing automatically jumpers for unrouted nets by autorouting).

Thank you in advance.

You already got an answer on the DXP email list I think? :wink:

DXP does not suport jumper insertion like PowerPCB does.

It is real that I sent the same question to Protel website but I am not registered in their email list .

Do you know other layout softwares (other than powerPcb because I don't know why , I do not like it) support jumpers in their autorouting?

Thanx.

j2356r

I installed PowerPcb but I am wonder How can I autoroute my single layer board with jumpers (its help sayed that the autorouter of blazeroute uses 2 layers, the top for only jumpers which deals with it like vias with some constrain 'like only straight lines and with lenght limit'),but I tried to do that with no success , Do you know how?

Orcxd 9.x and 10-x support jumpers in their autorouting (in singler layer)

P*otel DXP 2004 with jumpers

Also diptrace support auto jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back