Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel DXP 2004 - CTRL + Left Click in PCB Editor Not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddbudman

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was using Protel DXP 2004 the other day and for some reason, when in the PCB editor, holding CTRL key and left clicking a Net will no longer highlight the Net anymore.

I have tried to get it to work again but have been unsuccessfull after searching through all the menus.

Does anyone have any idea of what I have changed, and if I can get it working again?

(btw, please don't suggest using CTRL + H as it does a different thing.)

If not; Is there a way to restore the Protel DXP 2004 settings to defaults to get this option back working? For me this is a really important shortcut that I am missing badly.

Thanks,
oddbudman

Re: Protel DXP 2004 - CTRL + Left Click in PCB Editor Not w

Hi...
Have you checked your mask level.... might be that is a problem...
just chekc that ....the highlight function may be working but because of the mask level it does not comes in a picture.....

I have attached the image for your referance....

Hope this helps....!!!

Regards
Sadashiv

oddbudman

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Protel DXP 2004 - CTRL + Left Click in PCB Editor Not w

Ok, I managed to solve the problem, it turns out the issue was that I had dissabled

Tools -> Preferences -> Display -> Apply Highlight During interactive editing.

Thanks for the tip sadashiv_sm, whilst it wasn't the reason, it got my brain thinking along the right track.

oddbudman

P*otel DXP 2004 - CTRL + Left Click in PCB Editor Not work

In Altium designer:
Tools---Preferences---Pcb Editor --- Display---Highlighting Options--- Apply Mask During interactive editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back