Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel DXP 2004 and History

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdhar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know how to turn off protel from automatically saving 20 MB of history for each folder that I'm working in? I have looked in the options, and have reduced automatic backup very low, but that doesn't seem to be the same thing as that is saved in a completely different directory. Each project of mine has a folder 'History/' that is automatically created, and it's huge!

In DXP2004, go to Tools>Preferences>Version Control>Local History. There is a counter you can change to automatically delete files after a certain period of days.

P*otel DXP 2004 and History

I did that, didn't seem to make a difference. Is this the same History/ folder I'm talking about?

Yes, it is the same history file - it is the history sub-folder created in your project folder (unless you chose a global repository in 'Preferences').

There is a quirk in the operation of the option. It doesn't touch the files created before you changed the preference - it only changes the files saved after you make the change to the interval to be saved.

You can manually delete the local history files by selecting the Storage Manager tab, click on the project name in the left display box, click on the type of file you want to delete history for in the right display box, right click to bring up the menu, then click on 'Delete History'. All of the history files for that type of document will be deleted. Again, if the history files are very old, you will have to manually delete them.

This function was apparently made intentionally conservative to keep you from inadvertently deleting all backups.

P*otel DXP 2004 and History

Thanks for the help house cat... the quirk was what I was seeing :) Problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back