Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel autorouter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikasi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This will probably sound stupid but I would like to know if there is possible to use any other external professional autorouter in Protel !?!

Which autorouter do you recomend ?

mikasi

Use specctra is the only "well" suppported in protel

But if you make any changes while you are working in spectra then you cannot import back to protel correctly. I can remember such problems when I was learning about autorouting capabilities of both programs few months ago!

First of all, according to my opinion, if you are designing with simple circuits, its better to do it without any autorouter. Because any good autorouter requires a lot of definitions. So, for a simple PCB, it looks like you are wasting your time.

If you are planning to draw a multilayer PCB's with strict rules, then autorouter applications should be the best and the quickest choice.

As far as I know, spec.tra is a very talented program (probably one of the best) which can autoroute very complex PCB's. If protel cannot solve a PCB, spec.ra can look in a diffrent way and can solve. Because it is designed only for autorouting for various operating systems.

I'd prefer P*ro*tel autorouter because it is integrated in the program, and its capable of doing a lot if you can correctly define the rules... May be I don't need such complex PCB's.

Bus Master said:
What are the main advantages of using spec.ctra than using pr0tel's autorouter?

AFAIK it's the best thing in it's class. Also Once, along with Allegro it was chosen to be the best combination in this business by proffesionals in the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back