Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protel 99SE SP6 and error beep ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LechU

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I exit Protel 99 SE SP6 ( Full version NOT eval ) using File/Exit I can hear Error Beep, but when I exit using close window "X" everything is OK. What is going on ?

its warning you the desing isnt something
or there is a bad memory call
? with what o/s are you running
you know you need nt4 or win me/98 to run that
xp 2000 sp2-complaines

Error Beep

I use Win98 Second Edition on Pentium III / 650 MHz -384 MB RAM - 20 + 40 GB HDD - NVidia 440 SE Video - The problem exist even when I don't do anything in Protel - just execute Design Explorer / File / Exit without loading any file.

I'm not sure if the OS is an issue other than that it won't installed under Windows ME.

I've never had problems with Protel 99SE running under Windows 2000 SP2 or SP3. I've used it under Windows XP SP1 and no problems. If it ever shows an error you can always save your work then restart the program and continue.

- Jayson

Error beep ...

I don't have problems with loading, saving and working with projects - everything is ok! I can save and load again my work - This stupid beep occurs only when I use File / Exit ... All files are saved ok, all projects are closed without problems - workspace is empty so I want to close Design Studio ( File / Exit ) and ... BEEP ...

Jayson said:
I'm not sure if the OS is an issue other than that it won't installed under Windows ME.

I've never had problems with P*otel 99SE running under Windows 2000 SP2 or SP3. I've used it under Windows XP SP1 and no problems. If it ever shows an error you can always save your work then restart the program and continue.

- Jayson

what total and utter rubbish

i used it with ME no problems {infact less problems} than with 98

"if it ever shows an error....."

i think you miss the point of the topic !!!!

is to find out why it beeps
i personaly think its an open server or perhaps another design is also open and warns its closing it but dosnt need to save

for me it will only work with ME is you install it on Win98SE then upgrade to ME, otherwise the 99SE installer gives a warning about incorrect version of Windows when installing directly to ME.

Secondly, I have never had errors of anykind show up on W2K or WXP, they did show up frequently on Win98 though.

- Jayson

the solution is to set the keyboard type and machine country location etc
becouse win me wont set it
even if you set it up first during a setup

so change to your keyboard type etc

same error is had in quake 2 if you try to use it
local version error

if the problem still exists
try using a lagit version iso of 99se

what i did with sp6 was this

extract the installer for sp6 to give the file
then move them over

as we all realise that installers are o/s dependant
not the app .... mostly

this beep error
sound like a version conflict {the manual mentions this beep with sp2 ... as far as it went in reprint}

try looking on the support site and in the manual again
seee if you can find a note about system beeps

another thing is install direct x latest and update all your mainboard & cdrw if any and especialy the video card firmware AND drivers
if you have never done this to your nvidea
do it and flash the latest nvidea flash from the manufacturer
{use google to find}

update the visual c++ runtime to version 6 runtime
add vb runtime also

you can find all on google using the strings above

could be a firmware problem accesing a video card componet
{for protels splash screens}

also try changing to 16 bit colours

i got the problem of once i close the windows with "x" button, illegal operation messagebox prompt out and close the program. this problem only happen once i installed sp6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back