Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

protel 2004: routing and printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

necromancer

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when i use auto route the program route both top and bottom layer . how i set the program to route only one layer.
and how i print my pcb in actual size the pcb is. cause when i print it in a4 size it which actual size about 30 mm it appear in full a4 size.

The autorouter can be setup to route on one particular layer only by defining a Routing Layer design rule with the following details. Basically, all unused layers need to be set to 'Not Used' and the routing layer is set to 'Any' or other suitable routing direction.

For example, to assign the bottom layer as the routing layer, use the following setup.
Top - Not Used
Bottom - Any
(Note - By default a PCB will have Top and Bottom layers and this is why you need to set the Top layer to not used to avoid routing on this layer).

To get the actual size printed, you need to make sure that "Fit Document on Page" is NOT selected. You need to select "Scaled Print" and select "1.00" as the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back