Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

protel 2004 - interactive routing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemtone

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I select bottom layer and attempt to use interactive routing to connect 2 pins which are connected in schematic and I see the net in PCB view, how come it prevents me from doing so, and as well, all these blue lines pop up, and i then have to refresh view. When I go to interactive routing, it acts as though I am trying to change the net, but on top layer it works just fine.

any help would be greatly appreciated

jemtone

It sounds like you have a design rule set that is keeping you from routing on the bottom layer.

If you can PM your PCB file to me, I can tell you exactly what is wrong. Be sure to zip or rar your file so it doesn't get corrupted in transmission.

If blue is the color of your bottom traces(it is for me) then it sound to me like your
trying to route net A through traces already routed on bottom for net B. Net A and
B can't touch, that a short. Its just may be that you didn't see them (refresh screen)
problem. Sometimes when I change from top to bottom layer, I'll zoom out and back in (ctrl-wheel mouse) to get the lines to refresh.

Also always make sure everything is in sync.
1. From schematic, make sure to 'update PCB' from schematic. all clean, no errors.
2. From PCB project/component links. make sure all nets are in sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back