Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protection of mosfet driver IR2110

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabu31

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I wanted to know what circuit elements should be added to a H-bridge driven by IR2110 ,for protection of IR2110 incase the switch gets damaged in circuit. I have used back to back zener diodes,but still the drivers get destroyed when the mosfet blows up. Secondly i wanted to know the maximum switching frequency that can be obtained using IR2110 for driving a 250W H-bridge inverter (400V dc Link)

Thanking You.

Hi Sabu.
If thereby do this circuit blow process is probably grab only smd resistor and zener diodes.

Hi Sabu.
If thereby do this circuit blow process is probably grab only smd resistor and zener diodes.

I am using a pcb which has through hole component, what is the value of the resistor i should use as fuse. Secondly why is the back to back zeners getting damaged..

Thanking you.

why is the back to back zeners getting damaged..
"A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the fuse by blowing first." - Murphy`s law ).
Though if put supressor such as 1.5KE18A it can be will remain safe. However powerful diodes contribute additional load on driver for count own capacity.

value of the resistor i should use as fuse.
it is necessary to think power of such resistor must be a small, like already mentionned 1206.

"A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the fuse by blowing first." - Murphy`s law ).
Though if put supressor such as 1.5KE18A it can be will remain safe. However powerful diodes contribute additional load on driver for count own capacity.

it is necessary to think power of such resistor must be a small, like already mentionned 1206.

Thanks Deep One for the information. However I am just confused about how to select the value and power rating of resistor (which is also gate resistor) and whether it will react fast enough after the mosfet blows up..

how to select the value and power rating of resistor
This resistor serves in the first place for speed limit of closing the transistor and functions of the fuze executes as combine jobs only. So value of this resistor depends on type of the transistor and conditions of its work.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.