Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protection for microcontroller from EMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoyanoff

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I have a microcontroller controlling a small threephase 300W engine through frequency inverter. Here is the problem. When the engine is not connected to the chart everything works fine. But when I connect the engine in the moment when the engine starts my controller resets. After a few restarts the controller starts but it doesn`t work correct. My power supply modul has 2 electrolite caps(1000uF) and 7805 regulator(1 cap after and 1 before it). I have 100uF electrolite and 100nF nonelectrolite caps nearby the controller.
What else can I do to stop this???
Thanks!

Hi,

Looks like the microcontroller gets a supply interruption from the inrush current when the engine starts. If this is the case it would make sense to separate the supply and limit the inrush current, or add a separate power supply. An example for the analog/digital power supply separation you find here: **broken link removed**.

Enjoy your design work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back