Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protecting a software using the serial number of the HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

elect

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All;

I would like to ask how can I get (read) the serial number of a hard drive disk with c++ buider so I can use it to protect my software, actually I want to send a copy of my software to a single person wich he will use this software in a single PC.

thanks in adevance.

elect.

GO HERE :
**broken link removed**

PS .. get the idea ONLY .. otherwise people could also plug a serial at their advantage

Last edited by a moderator:

eltonjohn said:
GO HERE :
**broken link removed**

PS .. get the idea ONLY .. otherwise people could also plug a serial at their advantage

Hi eltonjohn;

the link you have mentioned is very intresting but I don't understand the c#, would you please give me a code in c/c++ .

thanx.
elect.

Last edited by a moderator:

elect said:
Hi All;

I would like to ask how can I get (read) the serial number of a hard drive disk with c++ buider so I can use it to protect my software, actually I want to send a copy of my software to a single person wich he will use this software in a single PC.

thanks in adevance.

elect.

Takecare many programs works in win98/me can change the serial no. of any HDD which make the above protection has no meaning

I think you mean the volume id which can easily be changed, not the harddisk's serial number, programmed by the manufacturer (see eltonjohn's picture above).

Mik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back