Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

prot*l to orc*d schematics conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

proton

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
good friends, I got a ddb project in
prot*l, schematics + pcb, but I'd like
to import the schematics in orc*d 9.
Does someone knows how to do it ?
thx
proton

First make sure your part & net name conventions meet requirements of Capture (spaces...)

For each SCH sheet

Open SCH->File->save as->Format->Orcad SCH
and then save as Orcad SDT SCH (then export from DDB to directory of your choice).

For PCB you must save as 2.8 ASCII format then import into Layout.

It can be a messy process or an easy one, depends on how the SCH structure works (Hiarc, flat,...) and especially how module ports & part, net names have been used.

There are som knowledge base articles available as well as a good user group (h##p://w#w.techservinc.com/protelusers/join.html) in which you can look up the archives for many detailed articles.

R

Almost forgot, if the design has large copper floods on the board you may have to re-pour as I have seen these become corrupt. Normal neg plane layers seem OK, even split ones.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back