Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pros/Cons of different backplane architectures ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyz86

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Are there some general resources (other than spec sheets of boards) to compare the differences between computing formats like VPX, VME, IBM bladecenter-h, etc?

I am tasked with doing some legwork what form-factor we should be looking at when buying our processing equipment for a high performance semi-rugged system.

I've read specs on size, connectors, bandwidth density, power usage, etc. Is there anything more I am missing? I'm having trouble comparing the overall possible bandwidth to each server in each architecture. Particularly VPX and all of its dot level specifications.

These would run custom software and FPGAs, DACs, ADCs, a linux machine, etc.

Last edited:

I'm confused as to what you are asking for.
Perhaps thats why you got no responses.

Are you looking for specific bandwidth figures for a specific technology
or just general comments on various things or something else entirely.
If you've read all the relevant data sheets it's hard to know where to point without more details of what you want.

jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back