Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proportional regulator(a.k.a static regulator) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carry for cents bazar

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This thread is for the general discussion of the blog entry . Please add to the discussion here.

Maybe you should explain what you mean, the
first page of Google hits is all about pneumatic
/ hydraulic pressure regulators.

I have seen fixed duty cycle PWM "regulators"
used as intermediate bus converters and as
VTT regulators for RAM but no way to tell if this
is in fact the topic.

Hi dick_freebird,

Everything is explained in the article.

I mean a proportional regulator. Despite all the junk that you find in google, true engineering is missing there. In real life there are 3 types of very important regulators. This is P, PI and PID. In the first article I have shown the P(proportional regulator). This regulator has a transfer function which works on proportions, its very useful, because if your input changes by 1 V, the output can change by 2V, until the input reaches the desired value. On some systems this is not only necessary, but leads to faster regulation of the controlled value in the desired borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.