Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Properly use of Ground Plane in a 2 layers PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leolib2004

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I would like to check if I doing this well. I am designing a board which has a samS70 controller (100 pin LQFP version) that uses i2s, i2c, SPI and usb (but the connector is next to the SAM device). There is a wifi module next to the SAM as well (ATWiNC1500-MR210PB).

I have done most of the routing on top and reached a 80mm x 80mm board. And will place:

- A big ground plane on bottom except on where the WIFIMOD is located.
- Avoid vias in the signals lines and route them using 12 mils as the width
- I have 5 lines going in parallel (i2c , SDOUT, SDIN and TF of the codec). I won't add gnd in between them and let the gap be at least 3 times the trace width (12mils x 3). There will be some ground in the bottom below them.
- Add a ground plane on top too only in the part that is between the audio codec and the audio jack.

How does it look to you? It looks fine for me...

You are looking at it and saying fine. Show it to us..

But anyway it seems fine with the routing by your points. Better post the image of it for visual clarity

Status
Not open for further replies.